PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South Africa - Helicopter game ranger how to?
Old 3rd May 2008, 05:39
qwagga1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daysleeper
Most Flying schools in SA can do the training I would however go to an instructor that does active game capturing to teach you the finner details after completion of your CPL. The problem is also finding the right game capture outfit to start capturing with, as a lot of them will put pressure on her to perform on the same level as previous pilots. If this is really what she whants to do I can put her in contact with the correct people to start with. As previously stated this is not a glamour job, and "roughing it" is sometimes an understatement. But it is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had as a nature loving person. As a game capture pilot she will have to understand that one of the tools to manage a game farm is capture, but culling is another and not such a nice part of the job. PM me for details if interested Daysleeper. I have left the industry some years ago but can maybe put you in the right direction.
Q