PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Social Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 23:37
PAJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow DJ, you seem to spend a heck of a lot of time on these forums given the number of posts you have made!!

And I am afraid like a couple of your previous posts, you are a little incorrect. CTC is running the course from Wings Training Manual V.7.1 which recognises that the course CTC does is a JAA approved Integrated course. The foundation course does not include an NZ PPL, although the training takes you above and beyond PPL level. When you graduate onto the Wings course, you basically get about 25 hrs to consolidate your training through solo nav exercises, then your end of single engine phase test looks for you to effectively be up to a SE CPL standard before you progress onto the twins. On the old modular course, everyone would get a PPL as it was a pre-requisite, but CTC have been integrated for over a year now. Most of the hours removed from the old single engine phase syllabus have now been put at the end of the NZ multi phase where we do about 18hrs of SPIC enroute IFR work, which is the only opportunity you are likely to get to fly around the South Island on your training.

CTC are, I think, still offering the modular course to a few people, but you must have a current and valid PPL before starting the course and a few hours under your belt. You can go to an aero club (Waikato Aero at Hamilton are the closest) and do a check flight and then a flight test as you will sit the NZ PPL exams as a foundation to your ATPL theory studies, but I understand this is not that simple a process haing spoken to a few people who have looked into it. Hope that helps