PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying clubs in the North West
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 00:17
Negative 'G'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Quote: "NOT Barton as it's going to go the same way"

What do you mean GOING,Barton's been a 'commitee click' for years now and has driven a lot of potentially good honest members away in the process including myself & many other friends.
I had'nt visited Barton for at least a year up until the other week when I had the unfortunate experience of descending onto there bumpy soggy grass,it was only whilst sat in there "clubhouse" that I wondered "Why did I ever want to fly from this hole",don't get me wrong I would never want to see any Airfield close but the mere location of Barton is something to be concerned about,surrounded by motorways & pylons and the 09 Climbout is something which will scare anybody in anything especially a relatively underpowered PFA type such as a Jodel.

Anyway Pa38,with reference to LPL or BPL,I would certainly choose BPL due to there multi runway operation (No crosswind problems)and limited commercial movements along with several Schools to choose from.
Unfortunatly LPL has the "Easyjet problem" which results in GA aircraft holding regularly for 15-20 minutes both on the ground and in the air whilst commercial operations take priority,this is'nt helped by it's single runway ops and as for Schools well...........I'd better leave it there.
Get down to BPL if only for the Beach

Neg G