PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 20:47
rick1128

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations EN48. Looks nice. Just signed the papers for an older 28C. reasonable times on most everything. With a couple of high time items, but enough time to get out a year or so, before I have to do anything major. Recent paint but needs interior work. Should be interesting. Might be up your way to do my AirSure checkout with Sharky.

It's presently going through an annual/prebuy. When I flew the 28A I was negatively impressed. But again I was in Houston, TX in July with a 260 pound CFI and in an instrument ship. Of course it make power management easy. Only had one power setting "Balls to the Wall". I did my research as well. I saw only two fatals in the 28C since 1975. a few serious injury accidents. Most of them accident reports read 'occupants walked away from the helicopter'.

As for the transmission overhaul. The folks doing my prebuy told me that field overhaul used to be authorized for the Main and tail rotor transmissions, but they had several of these make metal after the overhaul. So the factory stopped allowing that.