PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 18:57
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, I have been on Carbocisteine for a few days and it hasn't really done anything. It has definately made me produce more mucous but the ears are still the same.

I am convinced that my ET issues are muscular. Whenever I swallow (say drinking a glass of water for example) my tubes block up and I go a bit deaf. It takes a bit of ear popping to restore the situation. I can't see why this would happen otherwise???? Anyone??
Your symptoms are identical to mine... I went for a run an hour-or-so ago, which seemed to clear the tubes somewhat. I've just had a large meal (with plenty of chilli) and it felt that, with every chewing action, I was pumping mucous back up the tube...

Just like you, I have been on Carbocisteine for about 8 days. It has thinned out the mucous, but the ear is still as blocked as ever. What worries me is that my current blockage is on the left, whereas my previous problems have been on the right...

BTW - I'm not totally convinced with Trigeminal Pharyngioplasty. If I could get it done locally and affordably, I'd jump at the chance. The only concern I have - and it may well be somewhat ill-founded - is that those who practice it *seem* - in my mind - to be a tad heavy in terms of marketing it... It might just be my perception / cynicism though.

Of all the treatments I've come across, the one that seems to offer most hope in my layman's eyes is the laser surgery. Look at it this way: many women have been able to conceive by having their fallopian tubes opened with a laser - if the treatment can translate to the ETs...

Ginger? Mac?