PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIR MAURITIUS Exodus
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:21
LocaliserAlive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helo Planecrazi. I do not know one pilot who does not start reading a Flight magazine from the back pages! Of course I had a look at other places for work, one would be stupid not to. I've also had my bad times here. After considering everything, I still find I (and my familly) have a good life in MRU and the job is not that bad. So, I am enjoying myself (You can't blame me for that?!?). I know what I have here and not really sure what to expect elsewhere. Finally, I never went to any interviews!!I do not plan to move now. I am not saying it will not happen but this is how it is now.

Inchallah, you would be surprised that even in a small airline, every pilot thinks he has a solution for all the problems happening and how things should be run!! You would be amazed to hear about all the stupid requests or proposals that pilots(like you and me) come up with and are p!ssd off when management does not agree.

Anyway, I see that I will not convince you and do not want to. Everybody has his own experience and is free to have his point of view. Maybe you are one of these guys who did not make it to command with MK and left angry!

Cheers,

Loc

P.S. The new logging of hours was introduced in Oct 07 but nobody followed it. DCA has just come back with a letter (a few days back)to remind us about it. So, bunk time is not logged by co-pilots. However, salary will still be based on FDH and overtime on the full flight time (of aircraft). I beleive this is applied in the sand pit already (please correct if I am wrong).