PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training Mans + David Clark H10 13-4 + Extras ** Cheap
Old 2nd Nov 2001, 13:02
Android

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I must apologise to the organisers of this board, as I understand advertising is not allowed without prior authorisation. When I was doing my training a year or so ago I remember seeing ads. for items such as I am advertising and therefore did not know it was not allowed.
The organisers have decided to let the post stay for the while because of the replies you have made.

To say your messages of encouragement overwhelm me is an understatement, and had I placed this ad. immediately I stopped flying a year ago I think I may well have changed my mind and continued flying.
I believe my age (on my way to 53 years of age) is perhaps the biggest factor in my decision, and perhaps also I expected too much from myself. Having run my own business for many years, and being used to answering question and decision-making, was almost a self-conscious process.
Compare that to learning to fly when even the most simple of tasks (ground handling for instance using your feet) required a great deal of concentration whilst I “unlearnt” 35 years of driving.
Once again many thanks for those people who have taken the trouble to reply, thanks to the organisers for letting the post appear, and maybe if others want to add their experiences of learning to fly in later life it may give the boost to others in similar situation to myself who are not quite so far down the decision making road.
:o