PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training Mans + David Clark H10 13-4 + Extras ** Cheap
Old 2nd Nov 2001, 04:36
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Android

You have clearly taken your decision and I'm not about to dissuade you.

You mention age: I've no idea how old you are and clearly the older you get the more difficult it becomes to soak up in a reasonable time frame the masses of gen needed to learn to fly.

I as a teenager seriously wanted to fly for a living (even got an offer from HMG) but it didn't turn out that way).

I spent the next 30 years in an OK ocupation, looking longingly skywards every time an aeroplane flew over head.

It wasn't until over 30 years later when my son got his PPL aged 17 courtesy of HMG flying scholarship and a few extra bob from his dad that my interest was awakened and I realised I had to go for it.

I enrolled and finally got my PPL on my 48th birthday.

It took me time staggering through the sh*t weather of winter UK flying, but this was 8 years ago, and although I still fly pathetically few hours per year, the relaxation (of a sort) I get after the day job, of a summers evening just can't be put into words.

I 've just realised that I'm kind of trying to make you think again, which I have no right to do: you know your abilities, and have made your decision. Sorry

Cusco.