PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Share....
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:09
galactica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dhs vs other currency

Funny numbers everybody is throwing away from all direction.
So far, unless you have children, got divorced or you are about to exit and convert your dhs in something else, well, you didn t lose much but it s hard to send money away .
I m glade i don t have to change my monopoly money in other currency just yet. That would hurt. Since most of us joined, we lost a hard 30% plus in exchange. Also, we don t get the 12 % pension on the flying pay. Can t go anywhere , the flights are full, vacations are out of price for families if ever you can reach destination. Does your wife work at all, if she use to, you lost that income too.

They are not short of pilots, just not yet. They offer additional summer peak leave, they are burning as much of the accumulated vacation and they slow down the Dec program.

What are they giving for housing ? Around 140 000 dhs for Capt, 120 000 for FO, Where can you get a villa for that money ? You need 250 000 dhs and above.
Bonus: last year 41/2 week, ho well, they just gave us back the last year missing bonus plus the one for this year.( 4.5 + 14 divided by 2= 8.25 weeks a year for the last 2 years. People forget quickly.

Soon they will train there own pilot ans lock them up for 10 to 15 years with them. Problem solve. Dont dream too much...

There is 1 positive thing, people pay a **** load of taxes back home on any income, we don t .
Funny to think that a first year A380 captain will be making a little less the 9000 US a month lol .
They have earased one of the pay scale last year so.....all of us ,except the new joiner ,actually whip-out one of the hardly earn 3 % raise of the past year since the joiner are one pay scale closer from us. Specially the DEC.
14 days off max per roster lol, hello commuters.
That will be funny to see all these cabin crew pocketting there bonus and flying away.
What s the next surprise? Sit down and wait, you have nothing to say.

Last edited by galactica; 2nd May 2008 at 09:19.