PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I guess they don't like Heli's !!!!
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 08:49
AndyJB32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a thought

Hi there, i don't think we're going to acheive much by trying to win a poll on their website. There will always be a larger number number of people signing up to a website aimed at cutting helicopter noise who agree with the argument rather than disagree. The majority of people who become aware of the website would have found it because they were looking for a way of complaining about noise in the first place - i don't think many people who have never thought about aircraft noise, because they aren't affected by it, would have the need to start searching out a website that is polling people on this issue.

In the same way as if you took a poll of all the members on pprune, i'm sure the outcome would be overwhelmingly in favour of helicopters, and accepting of the noise that goes with them. That doesn't mean however, that there isn't an issue with noise that should be taken seriously. If someone has gone to the effort of setting up this website, then they are obviously being adversely affected by helicopters, and so naturally have a negative view of them. Has anyone thought of contacting the website, and trying to arrange an informal meeting with them, to have a discussion and a few beers. Who knows , we may all find we have less to argue about and more common ground than we realise? We may be able to see their point of view a bit more clearly, and more importantly, they might be able to see our position.

Andy