PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All those that flew for Discover (f)lying on the Penguin runs
Old 2nd May 2008, 05:16
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God 'FS' am almost crying here with the memories Stop it, my current work sounds so boring ! If you where lucky enough to get the U/C after T/off then you where an excellent pilot with not having to use the little air that those poor worn out compressors where delivering during taxi.
Was fun before they put the pwr lines under ground at the nth end of the main strip. A great delight of mine was to come over the Rd somewhat 'lowish' so the drivers could see the oil dripping off the cowls by the gallon !
Late at night upon arrival back at EN how wonderful it was to put those U/C locks in place when it was raining without looking like part of the B&W minstral show afterwards!

How many plovers & rabbits did you knock over 'FS' on a single T/off roll? at least 3 to 4 on average!
I've been back in there (PID)a couple of times in the B200 & i can almost feel the years slip back to 'the good 'ole days' !

CW