PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2008, 03:03
worm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Who are we fighting?

After reading some of the replies both from A scale captains and others, I am both embarrassed and ashamed to think they are the colleagues I fly with every day.
In my former life as a Captain in the RAAF it was expected you would show leadership in the way you fly, foster the development of your cockpit colleagues, and the way you conduct yourself generally. Yet I see very little of these traits generally in CPA.
To those former A scalers still bemoaning their loss of a golden deal and counting the "apparent" cost to them, get over it, you had the chance to vote with your feet when it was implemented. That you didn't indicates you accept it still represents a good deal and probably better than you could get elsewhere. Remember you are still being paid more to do the same job than a B scaler. And be honest, you would have still joined if you had initially been offered B scale rates.
As for my fellow B scalers why bemoan someone else getting a reasonable deal? I don't, as long as it isn't at the direct cost of other pilots including me. If I already had airline command time then I could vote with my feet, however being a "mature joiner" if I want to see command before 55 then I have to stay with this outfit.
I don't know how anyone can fault the logic of NC in the age 65 issue. One pilot body, one pay scale, one set of COS!! Stop the infighting and focus our energies at improving everyones lot. Accept that new-joiners will accept a lower package as a foot in the door, but established pilots accepting a lower package post-55 (housing and pay), or freighter command are reducing the bargaining power of EVERYONE.