PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL as resettlement.
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 15:16
RolyFirkinQC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I done my PPL as a resetlement back in 2000. I done the FAA course and spent a week in Florida. All my costs were paid for, accom,elc's (or whatever they were called back then), PIE, and the resettlement money.

The only thing i had to do for the education centre was tell them why i wanted to do it in Florida. Easy. Cheeper flying,(about a third less than what it was here), and better weather.......Application APPROVED!!

One thing that i didn't realise, is that when they tell you your entitled to 30 days, i doesn't include weekends or bank holidays. So when i booked my trip, i had actually only used 23 days not the 30, even though your still get your allowances for those days.

I did have to pull a little flanker to cover all the costs. As the accommodation only cost $10 per day, (accom belonged to the airport), i asked the flying club if they would send me an invoice for accommodation charges of $60 which they duly obliged. That's still $10 for accom and the rest went on the flying.

It just depends what licence you want. JAA/FAA. The FAA was, or still is, 35 hours which includes your night rating and i believe the JAA licence is 45 hours.

Hope your able to get what you want.