PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Average Pilot AUW?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 09:54
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply's ladies and gents.
We have 18 useable samples! Flying Femme has, unusally for a woman, stated her weight but not her height! So we cant use that data.
The figures look like this now:-
Top wight is Stocker at 118kg, but he is 6'4" and probably not the man you want to start a fight with Totally agree with you on the BMI Stocker!
Lightest man is Mark1@71kg, but interestingly you are not the lightest per [email protected]/inch. That honour goes to Johnm@ 0.98kg/inch. A kilo John is 2.2 pounds, its the European way of doing it! Some like it, some dont! People have gone to jail in Britain for selling bananas in pounds when the government insist on kilo's, Honest

This gives us an average of 87.22kg/Pax. The airlines use 77kg/Pax for flight planning, the baggage and fuel they have an accurate weight to enter into the flight computer! Could this mean a 400 pax 747 is potentially 4088kg over weight? I just checked Mark1's post and his 1960's dummy was 77 kg too! But they have revised this upto 80kg. Have the airlines done the same?
As four GA, i think it would be reasonable to apply these new figures when calculating passenger loadings. A true four seater with say 6hrs endurance, inc reserves would need a payload of 682kg/1500lbs, which aircraft fits that role then?(PA32 i think!) Children or East European, or other types of bride would seem to be eseential if us pilots want to stay in weight and ballance!
Now where did that funny grubby chart thing go with all the data on it? And whats a moment arm?