PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad upgrades are on A320
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2008, 03:13
EY346Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relief, thanks for the detailed reply. You are right that airlines like Singapore, Virgin Atlantic and Cathay upgrade on wide body aircraft, but that is because they do not have anything else. We now do and what are we supposed to do with the A320? The natural progression is now for EY to upgrade on the A320 then as you guys gain time in the left seat promote you to the bigger aircraft.

Big empty words. Most of EY FOs have been waiting as much as you did. Some they have been FOs for as much as your entire career. Some of them came here because they were promised an early wide body command. These FOs did not start their flying career 3 years ago
I think I mentioned that already when I clearly acknowledged that most guys have heaps of experience. Still in aviation sadly it's pot luck, if you're in the right place at the right time you get lucky, others wait for ever. But that doesnt mean that a Command on an A320 is any less than a Command on an A330 mate.

In closing I would really like to wish you and all the other guys all the best. I have no gripe with you, I'm just trying to say that there is nothing wrong with a Command on the A320. Look forward to it, it's a new rating and frankly a very popular one that can nowadays land you any job you like.

Cheers