PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epilepsy - looking for advice in respect of my Daughter
Old 30th Apr 2008, 23:59
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Alcohol and Sleep

Hi exeng,

Interesting that your daughter's consultant has changed her prescription. I presume this is just a slight change in the dosage of the drug(s) she's already on? In my daughter's case, any change of drug regime has always involved a very protracted process of weaning off one, while progressively introducing the other.

One thing seems not to have been mentioned yet on this thread. My daughter (31) used to drink alcohol in typical amounts for her age group. About two years ago, soon after experiencing 2 tonic-clonics (grands mals) in the same day - after a gap of nearly 10 years - she decided to give up alcohol altogether. So far, she seems to be sticking with it. She also tries to avoid sleep deprivation. As a mature student, that can be tricky at times.

Both alcohol and losing sleep are pretty difficult to avoid in the frenetic lifestyle that youngsters working in the city are exposed to. But your daughter might like to give this some thought, if she hasn't already.

Chris