PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone recruiting?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 18:38
plinkton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...Just wondering if anyone knows any operators currently recruiting low-hours pilots.... CPL/MeIR, 250hrs, willing to pay for rating, willing to relocate... etc...

I've tried quite a few of the larger companies as detailed on PPJN (LEA, EBJ, Eurojet... etc) and on this forum but no luck so far with the CV 'cold calling'.

I am starting a FI course but want to do this part-time... with the weather how it is in the UK, I'd like to fly something 'bigger' full-time.

Any info on companies actively recruiting would be appreciated...
Personally, I wish you luck, no harm in asking, etc. but with over 130 'views' and no replies this is how I think the thread will go:
  • "Try everyone, regularly." This would be my advice.
  • "You are a bad person for offering to pay for a type rating, etc., etc."
  • "Pay US for the type rating" (sent by PM)
One thing that won't do you any harm is to build up a database of the operators who use the type of aircraft you wish to fly. Try G-INFO.

Google the company to find it's email address, additionally post CV's if you think you need to. If you are emailing your CV as an attachment, ensure it has a document name like 'Joe Blogs CV.doc' rather than 'CV.doc', sounds silly but not everyone does this.

Personally, I would not pay for a type rating but it's your money and can't help thinking you may get a little flak for offering to do this.

Good luck