PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need Info on Coastal Aviation Tanzania
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 17:39
Soap Box Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes PW is going great, pity the pay sucks otherwise I wouldn't mind sitting on my ass.

Right Coastal....

Looking at nightstops three to four times a week, at least one Zanzibar, and one Arusha/Ruaha a week. Which is also a nice way to get round and meet the other bush freaks flying out here.

The pay is not bad, make sure you get accomidation included and nowadays you should be able to get a ticket home too.

You will build plenty of turbine time fast. I was doing about 1000 hours in ten months chock to chock.

So good place to build time, fly in the bush. But might be a bit stressfull for anyone with a family.

Planes are alright, the vans are tough little beasties. Great to work with. Since most of the time we fly VFR it's not too bad. No major problems because of a very intensive training regime that ensures pilots are usually accompanied for 140 hours on the aircraft before release. I think that has been one of the major factors in reducing the number of incidents we have had there compared to other companies.

Good luck