PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 14:27
holagirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr medicals

Is everyone else paying a fortune to get medicals done?
I live in Canada where family doctors are free and I even have insurance.
My family doctor is charging me 200 CDN dollars(almost equivalent with US dollars now) just to fill out the forms and she was telling me she wouldn't even look at the forms because it is too long and it would waste too much of her time even to read it unless i pay her 200 dollars.
And then I went for my eye exam and paid 90 dollars plus i had to buy my own vaccines and bring them to my family doctor which cost me another 100 dollars.
Thank God the dentist was covered. So I only paid 10% of the total which was like around 100 dollars again including my new fillings. I could have paid up to 1000 dollars without my insurance.
Then again I went to this hearing aid clinic to get just a small table filled out and paid 50 dollars again! it's literally like one line they had to fill out and they charged me 50 dollars for that! and it's not even like i have problems with hearing.
i am almost done with my medicals and hopefully that is it with me paying a fortune. it really is costing me a way more than i thought!