PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 11:03
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are a great number of big chips on some shoulders here - one has to wonder why so many are jealous of BA. Perhaps failed the assessment?

Coming to 757coolpilot

a) you clearly have no idea how many BA crew live in France
b) how would the mainline seniority list block anyone moving up to command? You may disagree with the seniority system - as I do - but people do get their shot at command when their turn arrives. Furthermore - why would you deny yourself access to mainline in case OS is a failure...?
c) not sure how you figure BA pilots could work any harder - many are at legal maxima
d) there are so few other scheduled airlines flying longhaul other than former national carriers, that I cannot see how you can justifiably exclude them from your "market" analysis of the pay rates
e) BA have operated non-London bases in the past - I cannot see how operating around Europe for OS would be any different from mainline staff operating around the UK in the past
f) OS will not infringe upon the BA business - except for the 30% of passengers transferring through Heathrow from points of origin in Europe and travelling onto - say New York...