View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 07:51
757coolplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seniority list / otherbpoints

Colleagues,

regarding your recent posts:

1. Seniority List
I think a common seniority list would not fit, because (i) OS operates in a complete different sector (ii) it would block experienced F/O`s to move upward to command. Finally: Are there really ANY BA pilots, that would like to join OS? This would mean: (i) move to Paris or any other european base (however: away from LHR and your families) (ii) get paid worse and (iii) fly more hours and longer shifts. Any volunteers here in the forum?

On the other hand: Compared to the market (without mainline like Air France), OS payment is above average. So for the "average" european pilot, this is a good chance to fly longhaul with a stable roster and an above average payment, without moving to Dubai.

A common seniority list simply would not fit.

2. BALPA
To be honest: 2 weeks ago I did not even know who BALPA is. Please note, that there is NO approach ban or any similar thing (just read the pdf.-file in the forum exactly). So please understand, that as an european pilot BALPA is very far away and - to my personal opinion is wrong in its facts:

BA sticks 100% to the contracts, that means BA-Pilots get paid exactly everything they agreed on. Plus: BA`s plans to expand are not affected at all. It is just a complete different story - beacuse the business modell requires pilots to be based on flexible terms all around europe. This would not be possible with a BA contract. Finally: It is the management decision of BA to set up such a new company, even if they use the financial ressources of BA. Employees get awarded by their contracts - the management decision are companies business. At least here in France we have this understanding of capitalism.

OS is planned to be a small niche carrier in a very small market. It will simply not affect the BA Business. Just have a look at the actuall situation: OS: 0 planes / BA 245 planes. OS will expand to a fleet of 9 (!) planes in a sperate market-segment. So what ist this all about????

3. OS
I personally believe, that this will be a great success-because all colleagues I met so far are very polite, professional and have a broad experience in aviation. The recriminations in this forum are just not fair and adequate for professional aviators!