PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia is coming to town
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2008, 04:37
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate of mine who's done the interview in Oz said they specifically asked him if he had any problems working with someone on 'the list'. Their clearly stated opinion was: it's water a very long way under the bridge and anyone wanting to work for them should adopt a similar outlook.

At the wages they're said to be offering, I don't think they'll knock back anyone who's willing to take the job, whatever list he may or may not be on.

I'd be guessing there'll be quite a large number of people turning up for the interview in Dubai, particularly if the "prophet" (liked that) share is another 4 week slap in the face we're all half expecting. However, if they get more than a handful who eventually 'walk the walk' from EK, it will (or should) be a very stark wakeup call for EK that people are willing to walk from EK (or more specifically, Dubai) even for considerably less money than EK are offering.

If EK offered basings or even rosters that could be written around days off at a remote port, I'd be guessing Voz would get very few starters and even lose some of those who've already resigned from EK.