PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2008, 20:44
Pontiuspilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not 757coolplane, but for my own part:

1. I don't want a mainline seniority number because I want nothing to do with mainline. I am quite happy to accept my job offer with OS, and believe it will prosper most if kept separate to the obsessed BA pilots with their unrealistic and dated expectations. It will take over more and more of what is currently perceived as 'mainline' work.

2. Yes, I'm a union member. I am a member of the IPA, which provides all my requirements and costs a fraction of a fraction of the funds required to keep the BA union afloat. I have been a member of BALPA, and worked for a BALPA organised airline who benefited nothing from its so-called support. Never again! Long live the 1% pay rise.

Fundamentally, the BA business model is shot. I don't mean wrong, I mean shot and uncompetitive. Yes, I know the 10% was nearly achieved, but look at the cost. The cost in labour relations, human relations and business relations - not to mention PUBLIC RELATIONS. We're about to see BAA broken up. It won't happen to BA, because either the pilots will bring it down, or if they fail, then the ridiculous management practices will.