PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epilepsy - looking for advice in respect of my Daughter
Old 29th Apr 2008, 18:43
Lancastrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have sympathy with your daughters condition, however there does appear to be a confusion over some of the details of her condition. If your daughter does not have a diagnosed mental condition as defined within the mental health act then there is no way she can be sectioned! Indeed, why would she need to be? All cases of epilepsy should be investigated by a neurologist to attempt to ascertain a cause especially in your daughters case in which you describe an escalation in the form of attack. If correct I think you described a Jacksonian/petit mal presentation moving to a grand mal seizure. Accordingly, push for such a consultation. There are several things your daughter can do to minimize the incidence of the fits. A booklet on the subject free from the neurology department would explain all of these. There should also be an address and telephone number of a patient support group. Please do take advantage of this and listen not only to the patients but also to their partners,friends and relatives. Learn of the different "aura,s" manifested, the triggers factors leading to fits etc.I wish you and your daughter well.