PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA hero wants to quit
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2008, 13:58
EBMissfit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The most important bits of the article are in the last few paragraphs and are needed by the mirror to insure them against slander.

Originally Posted by Sunday Mirror
Last night, at his home in Worcester, Captain Burkill refused to be interviewed by the Sunday Mirror. When we put our sources' claims to his wife Maria, she said: "Pete's been treated appallingly. "I'm biased, but I think he's a hero and I think every one of those 151 other people on board his plane that day would say the same."
So he refused to talk to them or offer any legitimacy to their story. Also note that his wife did not say he was treated appallingly by BA, she may have been referring to his treatment by the Mirror group!

Originally Posted by Sunday Mirror
Last night BA said: "Captain Burkill is a highly valued member of staff and will continue to receive the full support of British Airways. He has not been grounded by the company or encouraged to stay at home. On the contrary the company has publically supported the crew of BA38.

"Senior flight crew management and representatives from other areas of the airline have been in regular contact with Captain Burkill. This will continue to be the case."
So basically at the end of the article the journo happens to throw in that all of the validation he did to corroborate his sources story is actually more indicative of the story being made up or over exaggerated - But then again why let that get in the way of a nice juicy headline!