PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epilepsy - looking for advice in respect of my Daughter
Old 29th Apr 2008, 08:22
gingernut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi exeng, this is one of the most disturbing tale I have read on here, and you have my sympathy.

I think that there may be several issues here, and I'm not sure if it's appropiate to tease these out via internet, and I'd agree, you do need expert help.

I guess key to fathonming out what's going on here, is the teasing out between an organic (physical), and a psychiatric (emotional) cause. Or there maybe a mixture of both. It sounds like you haven't got to the bottom of this.

Again, I'm very wary of tryng to sort this complex issue on here, but I guess if I knew your daughters case well enough, the first question I'd be asking her, is did she mean to kill herself. Although from your description, it sounds like you think this latest case was physical.

Feel free to ask our advice, but please don't try and play amateur psychiatrist/physician. If your daughter is in a situation which finds her lying on a track, she needs expert help and re-assessment.

Keep us posted.

Last edited by gingernut; 29th Apr 2008 at 19:41.