PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Epilepsy - looking for advice in respect of my Daughter
Old 29th Apr 2008, 08:15
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With only a layman's dangerous knowledge of medicine, I have been told by one who should know that all people are potentially subject to fits or seizures which in some cases could be described as epileptic.
On a sort of linear scale, helicopter pilots are amongst the least susceptible to seizures. Apparently the effects of working in an environment where the sun reflecting off rotating blades over one's head are conducive to 'epileptic' seizures. I think that the CAA, for example, is well aware of this and it has been, in the past and on rare occasions, a problem for certain helicopter pilots.
Without knowing anything much about the condition, I should have thought that, quite apart from collateral damage, sooner or later there might be a danger that some function in the brain might shut down permanently, whicih would be a tragic circumstance .
At the same time as extending the greatest of sympathy might I suggest that you follow Mac the Knife's advice. His medical posts and suggestions are always worth more than a cursory examination. Your daughter might, of course, have to be seen as a private patient but that might be a small price to pay under the circumstances.