PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thielert in serious trouble ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 21:03
spernkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Nobody is winning at this moment with the Thielert bankruptcy" said BartV. Chuckle.... chuckle......I just got a pm to say the shares are now 83 cents and rising!!!! Just approximately this means i have made £30,000 give or take so far, there may be a bit of cgt to pay but i reckon there is plenty of legs in this little bubble yet. You thought i was brave but someone has been buying 450,000 shares a day this last week! Most interesting. With one of my girlfreinds taking a punt also i think i have had a free engine in a way. I'm not saying that i will not get covered in egg just yet, but it seems likely i will be able to offset future quincyquonces of going diesel with my speculative gains. Er....i think!

Just as an aside, my stockbroker was horrified at this investment of mine. He has a lovely Cessna 182. He doesn't fly it as often as he used to. Every time he climbs aboard he puts his faith in the magnetos, and burns a whole load of leaded petrol. Actually to appease the pedants who frequent this forum i should say he only actually BURNS half of the fuel as the other half is needed to keep his jugs cool. I have now accepted that i cannot change the neo-conservative attitudes and prejudices in GA. In a way i have broken ranks and predated on the negativeness which pushed TAE shares so low. Isnt capitalism great?

Still seems likely i will, as an old man, say to my son "Did i ever tell you about when they tried put a diesel engine in a plane!" quickly followed by "Now will you take me up in your Lycoming powered PA28 one last time before i die, I'll give you 10 grand towards the fuel bill". Conservatism will always prevail in the end. The innovators WILL inherit the earth, but only when the speculators have already burned all the fuel. I shall now retire to re-calibrate my "Cynical-ometer", goodnight.
Spernkey Bowlock.