PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin FSM's to be axed
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 19:27
virginracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i started thirteen years ago there was no fast tracking or performance monitoring, also at that time my course was the last recruited for about a year, getting through the ranks is of course what i wanted to do but then i had to wait my turn, it was all about seniority back then so i was down the back nearly four years, luckily for me things then speeded up due to expansion and promotion became a lot quicker, i have to say it was good grounding spending all that time down the back, people now are in such a hurry to get up the front and some which do manage it are not always the best due to lack of experience. If what Virgin say is correct and no expansion for the next three years then promotion for all may be very slow. Us FSM's are going nowhere period!!!

As to the numbers leaving as i have said on here before it is hardly any different now to years ago, the big difference being that we now have nearly 5000 crew so it just seems like more are leaving, there has always been a steady amount leaving one training course per week has been the same for years, OK we sometimes have had two per week but only when expanding or to boost numbers when Virgin have got there crew members needed numbers wrong.