PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA hero wants to quit
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 19:01
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They didn't. It was LGW to IAH but then again, when have the media ever been interested in something as trivial as the facts!

You know what? I'm sick to death of the British media and the way they can't wait to knock anything and anyone and screw whether the facts fit or not. When was the last time any of them reported a story about anything good without adding a negative spin on it? I can't think of anything off hand.

When I worked at a previous charter airline, (also another very well known British Airline - is there a trend here?) we had a massive expose from a bitter temp that hadn't been kept on at the end of the season, telling everyone all about the things that supposedly went on between crew during nightstops. It didn't seem to bother the paper involved that she'd never done a nightstop in her life and that her claims could cause a lot of tension in families. Nor did it stop certain passengers thinking that they then had to right to feel us up, to check out whether some of her claims were true either!

And what about the cross fiasco and the stupid woman going on about her rights. Again it didn't seem to bother the press or this publicity hungry idiot that pretty much all airlines have the same uniform codes saying jewellery of any kind should be worn under uniforms and that she quite happily signed up to this when she was offered the job. It did however, make me laugh when all the high profile sheep jumped on the band wagon by vowing never to fly with an airline with this sort of policy. Dover's that way guys! Plenty of boats there.

Now, here we are again with this story from yet another so called "source within BA" and of course, the racism row from the Independent thanks to another person that, it seems, hasn't got his own way and has decided to throw teddy out of the pram in a bid for some free publicity. Strange that he's left it so late in his career to speak out. (I'm talking about his political aspirations by the way.)

Sorry, I know this is a major thread drift and feel free to ignore it/delete it etc. but I'm losing the will here. I'm not saying all is well within BA or in fact, a lot of airlines if the other threads are anything to go by, but why do the media seem to be able to report what the hell they want regardless of the truth? I can only hope that most "normal" people will see it all for what it is. Sensationalism with very little, if any depth!

Sorry, rant over. I'll go back to my own threads now!

JSL

Last edited by jetset lady; 28th Apr 2008 at 20:06.