PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance in UK
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 18:55
Helinut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KK,

I had heard that the GWAS were trying to do what you suggest. However, there are some problems with that.

The money given by the good folk of Wiltshire was given to a charitabke trust quite clearly set up to provide an air ambulance for the good folk of Wiltshire. The air ambulance trust is not controlled or owned by the NHS whichever set of never-ending management reorganisations of that moribund organisation is currently in place.

It seems to me that if the newly created Great Western Ambulance Service wants to set up and run an air ambulance it needs to do one of two things:

- pay for it itself;
- get someone to set up a new charitable trust with the goal of fundraising for the new activity

AS you indicated, I believe someone has moved from another air ambulance trust or setup and promised to raise the funds for the GW air ambulance. I had also heard that there had been lots of promises but precious little action so far.

Whoever is involved in this new venture may well expect some resistance to the idea of taking money from another charity just like that. I am defintely no expert but I believe that charities have trustees who manage the money on behalf of the charity. I would be surprised if they just rolled over, and handed over the money.........

It would be like Cancer Research giving all their funds to Green Peace.