PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please listen out before transmitting!
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 16:41
CEJM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Average bloke & FLCH,

It isn't that difficult to understand is it?

After changing frequency wait 5-10 seconds before transmitting so you know whats going on on the frequency. You don't have to wait for 5-10 seconds silence before transmitting. The only thing I request from my fellow pilots is to stop transmitting immediatly after changing frequency's. There is of course always a chance that you will transmit at the same time as somebody else but that is something we have to live with. Operating out of the London TMA on a nearly daily basis and in fairly regular contact with Gander/Shanwick and I can assure you that it will work.

rjay259, I don't agree with you that it most likely are the Germans. Everywhere we operate to you hear people stepping on eachother just because they have no patience.

We were talking to the ground controller yesterday, asking for taxi clearance. In the middle of the G/C's response there is this G registred vacating the runway and blocking out the G/C. I can imagine if they both started talking at the same time, but the G/C was in the middle of his sentence.

Last edited by CEJM; 28th Apr 2008 at 16:52.