PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Typhoon Wheels-up Trial in China Lake?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 16:02
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming no-one was hurt - except the taxpayer - this has been one of the most amusing threads I've seen lately ( re. the replies ) !

Off thread for a moment, speaking of taxpayers; isn't it strange that £4 billion for a couple of aircraft carriers is regarded obscene, while £50 billion to help banks who " privatise their profits and nationalise their losses " is given out within the blink of an eye ?!

Back to subject -

As a mere pleb' photographer, a poor substitute for a Navigator - tried that on little aeroplanes & the biggest problem was convincing el piloto he'd got it wrong - I always tried to be useful looking at instruments, colliding aircraft etc and did among other things prevent a take-off with 2 greens in our PA-44 by an ex-Lightning pilot - as he said, in a remarkably P'd off tone, " it's always the simple ones that get you ".

I expect if this did happen with the Europhoon, there were so many 'whoop whoop' tones and voice warnings the poor bloke couldn't hear himself think.

Incidentally I would dearly like to see a Typhoon do a 180 in the footprint of a C-17 and would be the first to applaud !

Last edited by Double Zero; 28th Apr 2008 at 16:16.