PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Low Emirates into BHX
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 15:47
CVTDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultra Low Emirates into BHX

I am posing the question here as I would probably get a telling off in the Rumours and News forum for this one but . . . . .

I work at a luxury car manufacturer In Castle Bromwhich and as a result are used to seeing the coming and goings into BHX - not taking huge amounts of notice as most events are routine.

The largest regulars we see are the morning flight (arrival) of the Air India 777 and later (usually around 13:00) the arrival of the Emirates Airbus.

Last Friday 25th @ 12:50 - The inbound Emirates flight came in so low over the plant we seriosuly thought we had had it !

The aircraft was not on its normal decent (glide path) and was way low with frequent changes to the pitch and roll being evident from the ground.

We have a 150ft cooling tower in the side of the paintshop and the aircraft only just cleared it before a very loud "go around" or take off level of engine noise as it apparantly struggled to climb high enough to clear the raised section of the M6

I know there will be issues with my perspective and angle of view - but I see this aircraft almost daily when I am on site and I really thought there was a mjaor incident about to happen.

Does anyone have any other info - was there a problem reported formally after this flight ?

CVTD