PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 28th Apr 2008, 13:46
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Deed of agreement

As others have speculated, time must be approaching where the first (if not second) group are getting close to the end of the 'traineeship' part of the process.

My curiosity is to whether anyone has not been accepted into Qantaslink. If you read the bumpf on both the Qantas website and on the FAQs, the traineeship is no guarantee of Qantaslink employment - it merely gives you the minimums to be considered for employment.

It would be interesting to know if/how/why they would let you get to the end of the GFS course, refuse to accept you for a job, then send you the bill for the traineeship. Can anyone enlighten me? Does anyone else see this as a potential issue?

On one hand it would seem silly to get someone that far (and assuming they haven't stuffed up the GFS course or otherwise bollocks something up) only then to say thanks but no thanks but on the other, they would appear to be well within their rights to flunk all/any at that stage if they feel like it at no cost to themselves other than the loss of a slot.

I'm in the position of being 'on the list' for GFS but haven't yet seen the full paperwork. Anyone got any goss? Did anyone get legal opinion on the deed?

Cheers,

UTR.