PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 28th Apr 2008, 12:05
blimy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without pretending I have any knowledge apart from my own speculation, I feel that the bands back in 2006 might have been slightly different to the score bands now. I did the FAT's in October 2006 and was told by Commander Air (RN)?? that I had 'good' scores. I was also told by two different sources, one my own AFCO, that they would be 'very surprised' if I didn't get a place at BRNC.

I don't want to put a 'downer' on anyone who has passed their FAT's, just be realistic if you know your scores. It was my own naive decision to cancel my place at university because I thought I was going to get a place at BRNC.

Hopefully, this year out has been a blessing in disguise as I have been able to travel and develop, I have my OASC selection soon. I am not going to make the same mistake twice, I'm not letting go of my upcoming place at university until I have a firm place on IOT!

Although this is slightly off topic I hope it helps anyone who has been in a similar predicament to me.

Blimy