PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGCB Barton
Thread: EGCB Barton
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2001, 19:57
poetpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Viggen for the rallying call. Worth noting that as a result of our efforts, the flyer.co.uk site has put it out as a news item and has flagged up a forum for discussion.

As I have just stated on it, I would rather leave the strategy to the Club, Action for Airfields etc & concentrate on getting people to write in, because I dont wish to become a focal point per se.

So, the main thing is for people to EMAIL THE COUNCIL BEFORE THE END OF OCTOBER!!!

Oh well at least Barton won't be a sewage farm - we already have one on 09 approach

- and as for a New Clear Waste dump, well the Barton site started as its Victorian equivalent you know - it was originally a "Night Waste" tip (weren't they polite in those days).

In the 70s, I remember ash from the Eccles power station (now demolished) being dumped on the runways "to harden them up". I'm surprised the grass hasnt mutated into man eating plants by now

Still having problems getting into the LAC discussion group - although I am now an "approved" user. Nick's on the job....