PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti Airfield letter in todays Daily Mail
Old 28th Apr 2008, 06:52
Captain Smithy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahem... is this a wind-up?

"...we have had a plane circling overhead now for 8 hours. The take off noise is just dreadful and the circling drone can be heard inside our houses and causes us headaches..."

Pish.

"Point 6. Aircraft should pay an air tax each year in the way vehicles do - this would defray expenses incurred by emergency call out in times of accidents and would also help to fund the independent inspectorate."

Pish.

"My solicitor believes that the best way to get redress is to sue the UK Government in the European court for failure to regulate private aviation."

Also pish.

May I suggest among my fellow PPRuNErs/pilots that we ignore this troublemaker in future.

"Noise causing headaches" - mince. Ever tried living next door to an international airport? No I suspect not.

"Air tax" - cack. Try being a pilot, then you will know about charges.

"Failure to regulate private regulation" - balls. Again, try being a pilot. Then you will know what regulation really is. Medicals, licensing, training, renewals, visits to Gatwick Ivory Towers, charges involved in doing so... and reading a PPL course book in Air Law will make your eyes pop out So don't EVER dare call us "unregulated"!

Now get back to reading that beloved Tory rag of a "newspaper" of yours, there's plenty else in there to moan about. I hear Daily Tory readers like moaning a lot about Tax. That will keep you occupied for a while.

Idiot.