PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Opportunities for a big prop driver?
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 06:33
HiPlnsDrftr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Opportunities for a big prop driver?

Alright buckeroos, maybe someone out there can throw me a bone. I'm currently a Fokker 27 captain, which makes me something of an oddity right off the bat. I have plenty of experience in it, as well as similar types, but not the Airbus/Boeing variety. So Cathay, or anything similar is outta the question right now. Not only that, but I'm pushing 40 yo, and I'm a 'damn Yankee' too. All tickets are FAA (ICAO).

Would like to find a place to hang my sombrero, possibly long term, and earn a bit of non (US) taxed $$. I realize this isn't a job recruitment site per se- but perhaps some good chap knows of a particular 'expat-friendly' company out there who would consider an intrepid gringo such as myself. I've lived/worked overseas before, so I know the drill more or less.

Willing to relocate to most any country with some semblance of an infrastructure- need not be too sophisticated, though decent internet would be good. Am curious about Indonesia- possibly Merpati or Trigana airlines, but know virtually nothing about them.

Perhaps some of the privately held companies in China would be worth a shot. I could just send out a mass of CVs, but I'd like to narrow down the list a little and consider the more realistic options.

Thanks in advance. I'll return the favor if anyone has similar Qs regarding the US.