PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Money at NATS college, Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2008, 00:10
SACrIGGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although the money isn't the best, you can still afford to rent somewhere, pay the bills, and get destroyed on Friday night at Disco Fever!

Between 3 of us we had a 3 bed flat for £900 a month, and 99% of the time Bournemouth council will waive the council tax as you are technically a student.

Live is harder at a unit, as you are usually on your own (i.e. not in a group of students), so you have to rent on your own, so I can only really afford to lodge in someone's spare room.

Unless you go to Swanick or a London airport (correct me if i'm wrong about the London thing) your monthly income will not increase until you are valid, although my salary have gone upto £15,000 I no longer get the tax free £60 a week, so it all works out roughly the same.

NATS do not offer any help in finding a place to rent, but Bournemouth being Bournemouth there are no shortage of rental properties, I would suggest a B&B in Westby Rd, Boscombe for at least the first couple of weeks until you get to know people etc.

£940 a month is a good figure to budget with, some months are better than others, depending if 4 or 5 weeks of the £60 accommodation pay is included in the pay.

Hope this is of some help.