PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Making things better for the passenger - Airport Security
Old 27th Apr 2008, 22:39
Beausoleil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the point is to catch terrorists, I'm not sure that consistency is that good an idea. They should not be able to predict exactly what will be searched and how.

I'm not a massively regular flier, probably 4 or 5 trips by air per year. But I've never experienced any problems at security anywhere - they always seem dispassionate to me.

My gripe would be this. If this is a war on terror, can we have a law against profiteering please? You can't take water through security and unlike the US there are no obvious water fountains, so if you want a drink you have to buy water. I was offered a small bottle of water for £2 at Manchester Airport last week. Meanwhile, there is no pick up point after the Glasgow attack, which is fair enough. When pick up was closed at what was my local US airport they opened the short stay car park and gave free parking for the first half hour. In Manchester they force you to park and charge you for it.

The overwhelming feeling I have is that new security measures are seen as a great way of gouging extra cash from the passengers, and that there is no restraining airport operators in this.