PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 19:03
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTVA claims British Midland and its bmibaby airline struck a ten-year deal to run 30 flights a week with two Boeing 737s to ten named destinations from the airport,
A 10 year deal! what on earth would BMI get out of this, exclusivity ? c.£1 per pax landing fees ? Even before the operation started then that would be crazy, & what ever the detail I can see it as unenforceable, BMI probably to blame DTV for incompetence in marketing, promotion & support ( a doddle with the likes of Emma in charge), lack of facilities /access.. hmmmm.. it will be very interesting to see exactly what terms DTV offered as to me they had nothing much to offer. Bit like the law of diminishing returns BMI needed pax to provide high LF's & DTV need volume to make money on deal, basically a lose - lose with DTV's track record. I'd be amazed if Hughie for once had all the paperwork & had covered all the angles on this, more likely he probably got carried away on the euphoria of what the deal promised & lost track of the detail.Funny how it's taken all this time for notification of this action to appear, just enough time for him to jump ship and get settled into his new role and who knows a compensation package ?