PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 16:15
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ishi59, but got a call from HACS and said I didn't score high enough among the other canidates and are now not offering a position to me. I was offered a FO spot but now back on the street.
Welcome to my world...

In a similar boat to you; fighting union grievance will take about 12-18 months which I'm sure you're also going through as well.

Went to interview, was told I passed and everything was good then, a month later, was told although I "passed", my overall score wasn't high enough to make it into the next class (beginning of this year) compared to other candidates. Checked back every month the last 4 months, was told I hadn't made the June class either.

Now that ATA just dumped a hundred or so current and qualified 757 guys on the street who can likely ACE the sim, I imagine this position is likely dead for guys like you and me who might do OK and within tolerances for the interview check but not like someone current and qualified in the aircraft.

Such is life; I was really looking forward to this position and life in Japan (I had a great time when I went over for interview), but I may just stay in the private sector (charter and corporate) if my arbitration doesn't go as well as I hope in July.

If you have any Learjet time, give me a shout, I can definitely hook you up with at least a job that pays the bills until everything else works itself out for you. If you're having trouble with union and grievance channels, shoot me a PM as well. I've helped several guys fight their own grievances when the union isn't doing what they're supposed to do. Be prompt, if you miss the timelines as spelled out in your CBA, you're hosed.

Best of luck to all!

p.s. Senor Dominican, you have been missing all the good weddings from our previous coworkers. Just got back from one in Ohio last night,,, at about 3 in the morning! They said to say hello...

edit: Add EOS to the list of airline shutdowns that will put a bunch of 757 qualified guys on the street. They just filed on Friday. 6 airlines ceasing operations in one month. Good luck to all...

Last edited by Lear70; 27th Apr 2008 at 16:25.