PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast track to CPL in Australia
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 15:05
Chief Wiggam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the fast track course finished my cpl in 18 weeks have been on a turbo prop as an f/o for just over a year and am looking at a command within the next two months.
I can’t see how unless you’ve been ICUS’d for 500hrs or flying high capacity. I doubt either but I could be wrong.

You guys wouldn’t be working for Skippers by any chance?

It seems like a great way to skip the experience gaining process and jump straight into a low payed job as a glorified radio operator, but it ain’t. Apart from missing out on valuable experience for yourselves, the inexperience also increases the workload for the Captains you fly with.

Sorry xfsd, I wouldn’t recommend the 2nd scenario either. Mainly because there is no such thing as a MPL in Australia. I would go and find a reputable flying CLUB and go do your CPL and IR in one go. Then ATPLs with AFT.

With all that out of the way (probably for only 50-60k) go get you first PIC flying job. I would recommend up North. Work your ass off, stay safe and legal, don’t pay for any endorsements or ICUS, make life long friends and enjoy yourself. Soon you’ll be back flying lager types with the experience and confidence they require. You will reduce workload in the cockpit instead of increasing it and add to a more safe and efficient operation.

I’m not bitter, nor jealous. Just wanted to save some of you new guys some grief later on. I suppose you have to walk the path yourselves.