PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA and BA talks breakdown
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 13:30
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, so predictable. So many attempts to muddy the waters -

"BA pilots are racist", absolute rubbish - never seen in my 20 years with BA.

"BA pilots are responsible for the lamentable treatment of other airlines' pilots BA bought or were involved with" - absolute rubbish again.

"BA pilots are elitist" - more rubbish, they just joined as a) they were in the right place at the right time, (unfair, but so is life and you cant blame a person for doing that), and b) because the contract was a decent one.

Yet more: "BA pilots are unrealistic", (the heart of 411a's charge), - absolute rubbish again - BALPA have offered the terms BA sought for the OS operation. But no, the truth will ever be obscured in a cloud of carefully orchestrated tosh designed to advance WW's agenda and confuse the real issues.

As to the person who says "why dont we all just go away and leave them to it: right, you get twenty years of my career carrying BA through endless self-inflicted screw-ups by dint of professionalism that went beyond contract for all that time, as with all my colleagues, and then the infliction of endless alterations to my contract, (Sprint, Gap-Closure, etc etc), and you get the accumulated goodwill that we earned and to shaft our futures, and we are meant to say, "fine, go ahead".

I suggest you are either a) woefully naive or, more likely, b) a mischevious management poster, (hello Robin, how's it all going with the master plan to screw your own profession then?).

You will get to do that over the bones of BA, if thats what it takes, and I am sure WW knows that. Any amount of delaying tactics in court will not obscure the realities. As to the guy who saied he was looking forward to taking over our jobs - a) why didn't you apply years ago - theres' been opportunity enough since the 80's to do so and b) you can forget coming in on the backs of our redundancies - it will never happen