PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Progress Flight Academy SA
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 11:28
Llen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys

I've just come back from Progress where I did the first part of module one (PPL + 30 hours). I had a great experience and yes your right incomparison to UK, USA, etc they are cheap.

You haven't mentioned it in previuos posts but a lot of the training will be done in Victoria West. This is a small town in the northern cape and is pretty isolated. When I left they had 3 instructors there and usually take on approx 8 - 10 students every 6 weeks or so. There was a little bit of a backlog as I left.

The PE campus is totally different and is as you say a little way out of PE but many students have cars and there is a shuttle bus that takes you into town during the week and weekend.

On the whole I had a wonderful 3 months out there but one word of caution: I was told that the course would take 7 - 8 weeks. In the end it took me 11/12 due to weather and backlogs etc. Since january the SA CAA has revamped its PPL sylabus and is more in line with JAA. They are still coming to terms with the differences and this is adding to the backlog.

PM me if you want any further details, I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
Llen