PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF
Thread: CARDIFF
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 11:21
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with flower. 3-5 arrivals is nothing to cause havoc. At the end of the day, airlines pay handlers for a certain amount of staff to handle their aircraft. It might be well known in the handling industry that it is probably the minimum safe amount of staff. But minimum is still seen as sufficient. Its down to the handlers to effectively manage these staff to service the aircraft. If not then the handlers need to sort the contracts out. Unfortunately, the airlines will carry on screwing the handling agents by forcing the handlers to cut charges continually, just so they can keep the contracts.

I'd heard that Alpha shops had been bought out by WH Smiths. But i am not sure whether this is the whole group, or just within CWL and Smiths are to take over the shops.
Serendipity have gone bankrupt.
Not enough business to open Greggs/Subway without pg off SSP. Also the dormant departure building is just lying there as an empty shell.

Does anyone know if theres a chance of someone picking up any longhaul charters from CWL for S09 - SFB,CUN,POP? Surely theres got to be TOM's ex SFB at least?
Still no announcement from TCX/MON to SFB yet, so wait and see.

not only sad that they have taken away that much talked about 757 that is coming from BRS next week but I see in fact it has gone back to BRS for S09 under the merger! Pathetic!
That list incorporates the FCA fleet as well. Of which there are 2 757's based this summer anyway, so BRS will stay the same as this year with 2 757's and 1 767(part).

As for FR, who knows. If FR wanted to expand at BRS on the scale that they have at other bases they would need expand BRS, as they would struggle to get anymore a/c in there at the moment, a/c parking and the terminal is going to be tight in coming months. They could then us both BRS and CWL to compliment each other. Personally i'd rather not see FR back at CWL!