PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Back up plans???
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 11:09
BUSH PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Flying is all I really want to do, but after talking with and reading over several different peoples opinions, part of me agrees it would be somewhat foolhardy to charge on ahead with no backup plan at all!

After much thinking, I have narrowed down what I think I want to do and hope it will provide me with some fall back...

1-Go down the instructor route, hopefully get into a check and training position in an airline and then, if all turns sour, hopefully I would at least be able to do some form of simulator instructing.
(Hugh Jarse, I would be particularly interested to hear about what you did with the simulators as I think I would particularly enjoy this if I couldn't fly!)

or...

2-Concentrate on flying for now, hopefully crack an airline job in the not to distant future, and then possibly study via correspondence for a degree(In what I have no idea but maybe by the time I'm ready to do it I might have half a clue!) Not the most exciting prospect, but could be a viable option...(I have studied through correspondence before so have some idea of what it's like)

Thanks again for the advice so far, and as always keen to hear peoples opinions on my plans, for better of for worse!
Cheers, Bush Pilot