PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hercules inquest.
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 07:35
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that the adjournment happened as given the time left available they were not going to be able to have all the witnesses they wanted. the lawyers were to be unable to continue after a set point and the families were not prepared to continue without legal representation.

During the course of the inquest 4 extra witnesses were added to the list.. it was suggested to drop witnesses but they were not prepared to do that.

It was very hard for the families to have to do this but they were very mindful that a lifetime is a long time without getting all their questions answered. Military Aviation is a dangerous profession, but that point alone does not mean that this situation of losing 10 men needs to be just accepted, by the bereaved and those left serving.

It is all the more apparent that there is this proverbial time bomb that is ticking away and no-one wants to be the witness who's hands it goes off in. I understand the families were tired of witnesses saying I can't recall, as an answer. neither do they buy it. Although the new date is far off the interested parties agreed the date to help minimise the impact on their families as they now have to endure this process again.
I am sure the families will not stop asking questions. They will not let the systemic failings continue to put the lives of our men and women in the armed forces into unnecessary jeopardy.