PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement at 55, 65, 75....
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2008, 07:24
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leading_edge_device

Where did this come from? My post was directed at ATY not you. For the record I agree with you regarding bases. It was an underhanded thing the company did to simply fill the bases and get those “pesky A scalers” (company’s term) out of HK.

My personal opinion is that the company should either offer 65 to everyone or no one at all. In saying that it shouldn’t in any way compromise my contractual rights to bypass pay. Of course the company doesn’t want that hence the negotiations taking place with the AOA as we speak. Make no mistake, these negotiations aren’t about RA65 but about bypass pay. We can’t stop RA65 being offered but we can make the company pay for it by making them honour our contract if we all “A & B scales” stick together.

PanZa-Lead
Maybe you should be aiming this statement at a few of your B scale mates who post anti A Scale stuff all the time.
That’s why I have said in #83:
This bickering makes me sick. I couldn't care less if you are "A" or "B" scale, or a LHS or RHS driver, (I'm the second in both cases).
The company quite clearly require RA65 to drive their expansion plans. We should all require them though to honour our contract and pay bypass pay when extending any pilot past 55. We have the upper hand here guys. Let’s use it.